A Vitamix 5000 blender is an expensive kitchen appliance so when the speed switch malfunctions or quits working completely you don’t want to have purchase a new Vitamix 5000 blender when changing the potentiometer speed switch is simple and easy.
What You Will Need:
- 2mm Allen Wrench
- Small flat blade screw driver
- Phillips screw driver
- ½ inch socket
- Replacement switch (comes switch, 2 wires and nut)
Removing the Old Potentiometer Switch
To begin fixing the Vitamix 5000 blender speed switch you need to remove the old switch and wires.
- Using the flat blade screw driver unscrew the speed switch knob. (Unscrew at back of the knob)
- Pull off rubber pad at the top of the mixer base.
- Find the arrow on the round hub and line it up with the notch on the back of the base and unscrew using the allen wrench.
- Use Phillips screw driver to remove the 4 screws on top of the blender (these screws may fall inside the base and will need to be removed.
- Separate the base from top of base and the bottom (You may want to use the screw driver to wiggle the top off the bottom)
- Remove Retaining nut to the speed switch using the 1/2” wrench.
- Unplug the switch wires and remove (be careful not to lossen any other wires.
- Put in new switch and plug in the wires. (The black wires plug into the bottom and the white wire plugs into the top.
- Put on new tiny nut and then reassemble in the opposite order you took the switch apart.